|View printer-friendly version|
Marchex and Digiday Survey Shows Mobile Marketers Have Difficulty Tying Ad Exposure to Sales
Marketers cite measurement and attribution as most challenging aspect of mobile advertising.
To understand the changing mobile environment and how companies are
fine-tuning their priorities to adapt to this new landscape,
Below are some of the key findings from the survey:
- Respondents are more likely to call mobile advertising measurement and attribution (the ability to tie mobile ad exposures to sales) “very challenging” or “challenging” (56 percent) as opposed to scale (39 percent) or transparency (37 percent).
- More than 60 percent of respondents’ sales come through offline sources, either in-store or over-the-phone sales.
- Nearly half of those polled cited driving in-store purchases as a desired outcome of mobile marketing, and 40 percent cited click-to-call.
- More than 60 percent of respondents indicated that a consumer’s location weighs heavily when determining what content or information to serve them through their mobile device.
- Marketers consider call analytics as the most effective method for connecting mobile ad exposure to purchases via inbound phone calls.
“As mobile advertising budgets continue to grow, we’re seeing brands and
agencies demand more accountability,” said Pete Christothoulou, CEO of
Please visit www.marchex.com, blog.marchex.com or @marchex on
Digiday is a leading modern media publication and events company, a daily must-read among influencers obsessed with the bleeding edge of media and marketing.
Trevor Caldwell, 206-331-3600