|View printer-friendly version|
New Mobile Advertising Data Shows Click-to-Call Commerce is Engine of Mobile Economy; Contributes to More Than $1 Trillion in Consumer Purchases
To understand how often consumers purchase products from click-to-call
The study defines click-to-call commerce as a new type of consumer
purchase behavior influenced by consumer adoption of smartphones. In
2015, consumers will call businesses directly from mobile publishers and
apps more than 93 billion times, according to industry research group
BIA/Kelsey. The study confirms that many of those phone calls result in
an appointment, reservation, in-store purchase or over-the-phone sale
and forecasts that these calls result in more than
“Although e-commerce is a major force in consumer spending, it accounts
for just 7% of retail spending and less than 2% of total consumer
Among the findings announced today:
- Across more than a dozen industries, including insurance, travel, auto repair, legal services and home improvement, 5-25% of phone calls from mobile ads convert into sales, appointments or reservations.
- On average, a “click-to-call” from a mobile consumer is 4 times more likely to become a paying customer than a consumer clicking to a Web page from an online ad.
- Robocalls are a major challenge for click-to-call marketers, and issues vary by severity across mobile publishers. Marketers require analytics-based solutions to measure media efficiency.
- The “leaky funnel” of click-to-call commerce is often at the call center or local business. For some industries, more than 20% of phone calls from mobile ads are unanswered.
- Millennials are the most likely to “click-to-call” of any age group, and should be the target of mobile click-to-call campaigns.
“Marketers are allocating more time to understand how to reach mobile
consumers, especially millennials. Our data shows that for many types of
purchases, millennials prefer to contact a business directly by phone,
and then are following through with purchases,” said
The findings appear in a white paper released today entitled “2015
Click-to-Call Commerce Mobile Performance Report,” and is the latest
report from the
To download the white paper, please visit http://pages.marchex.com/mobile-report.html
Please visit www.marchex.com, blog.marchex.com or @marchex on
Trevor Caldwell, 206-331-3600